UIC higher officials visited the EDR. ****
The UIC (International Union of Railways) director, Rail System Department, and UIC Coordinator of the Africa Region, Christian Chavanel, and Maria LAFONT, UIC, senior advisor visited for the Africa Region, visited the Ethio-Djibouti railway station headquarter and Endode maintenance centre. They were welcomed by the CEO of Ethio-Djibouti, Abdi Zenebe (Dr.), and higher officials of the EDR. During their visit, Aminu Juar, the Chief Officer of Strategic Affairs of Ethio-Djibouti, briefed them about EDR. As well, Christian Chavanel, the UIC director of the African region’s railway system coordinator, provided an explanation of the UIC. UIC was founded in the Gregorian calendar in 1922, and its mission is to promote rail transport globally in order to effectively address present and future challenges related to mobility and sustainable development. Christian Chavanel, added that the African members of UIC should strengthen their cooperation in various areas, especially in expertise development, sharing best practices, and encouraging innovation and research and development in the railway industry. According to the points raised in the discussion, the CEO of Ethio-Djibouti railway Abdi Zenebe (Dr) stated that the discussion supports the objectives of the institution and also higher officials of the organization presented some points about how to collaborate with UIC in the future, in accordance with the issues raised in the conversation. It was discovered from the remarks made that UIC is eager to support the organization by sharing its extensive experience. Finally, they conveyed how happy they were with the welcome they received.
- Ethio-Djibouti Railway s.c. and the FDRE TVT Institute have signed an MOU.
- የኢትዮ ጅቡቲ ባቡር ትራንስፖርት አ..ማ እና የኢፌድሪ ቴክኒክና ሙያ ስልጠና ኢንስቲትዩት በጋራ ለመስራት የሚያስችላቸውን ስምምነት ተፈራፈሙ፤
- ኢዲአር በ2016 በጀት የመጀመሪያው ሩብ ዓመት በወጪ ገቢ እንቅስቃሴ ያስመዘገበውን የ12.3 በመቶ ድርሻ ለማሳደግ በቅንጅት መስራት እንደሚገባ ተገለፀ፤
- Ethio Djibouti Rail Transport reported revenue of 998.13 million birr in the first quarter of fiscal 2016, according to CEO Abdi Zenabe (DR).
- The delegation led by Saudi Arabia’s Minister of Transport and Logistics visited Mojo Dry Port and Endode Railway Cargo Station.